Friday, January 25, 2013

PBP: New Beginnings

This post is mudane, in the most literal sense of the word, but it is still important.

Earlier this week I applied to a Graphic Designer / Illustrator job that I actually qualified for. And to do this, I completed the portfolio that I had worked on fitfully for over three years. Doesn't sound like much? Well, I spent those years mired in self-doubt, depression, and insecurity about my skills. It was awful; I was pathetic. The job opening provided the impetus I needed to make the final push and finish the thing. Now I feel...cleaner, in my soul. I finally overcame my (largely self-imposed) restrictions. Hopefully this marks a new chapter in my life, one where I am not so afraid to do what I'm good at.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, done quickly or slowly and completed by whatever motivation your portfolio is complete and YOU did it! I often struggle with fear of doing what I can (but am afraid to) do. Thanks for telling this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully someday, sooner rather than later, you can overcome your fears too.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Honestly, I'm embarrassed that it took so long...

      Delete